Parliament and Big Ben

Parliament and Big Ben
Viewed from The London Eye

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Stirling

I took a train to Stirling on July 12th. This is the place where the movie Brave Heart was filmed. I have watched this movie when I was a child, and I was impressed by the courage of the character William Wallace. That’s the reason I choose this place as a destination.
When I arrived in Stirling. I was shocked by the city. The whole city was built on a mountain. Sometime it is hard for you to just go up because it is so steep. This might because Stirling was a important place for military, so the city was built as a fortress that easy to defend but hard to attack.
The Stirling castle was built on the top of the mountain. It has a great view for the city. In front of the castle, there is a stature of King Robert of Bruce. He is the actual person in the history that helps Scottish gain the independence. People remembered the great warrior of the Scotland, William Wallace, and built a monument for him. ~Jeff


No comments:

Post a Comment