Parliament and Big Ben

Parliament and Big Ben
Viewed from The London Eye

Friday, July 3, 2015

Borough Market

Upon entering (the Borough Market), I was initially shocked by the massive amount of venders inside.  The counters were filled with bright red meats, enormous cheese wheels, and a beautiful assortment of fruits and vegetables.  Borough Market is the closest thing to Heaven for a foodie like me.  
We wandered to the opposite side of the market where vendors were preparing all sorts of dishes.  We made a full sweep around that entire area to explore all of our lunch options.  However, my decision was made easier by my cousin, who recommended that I get the grilled cheese sandwich.  I decided to split the sandwich with a friend, so I only spent £3 on my lunch.  We all chose our lunch and gathered in an area, that resembled a greenhouse, to enjoy it.  Finally, I bought a chocolate chip cookie to satisfy my everlasting sweet tooth.  Because the cookie was literally the size of my head, I split that with a friend as well, costing me only £1. 
All together, my roughly 3-hour food excursion cost me £7.50.  Although I could have stayed much longer and spent much more money, my first experience to Borough Market was an absolute success.  The large array of options offered a new experience by exposing me to food I had never seen before.  Being someone that loves to cook, the market sparked my imagination for recipes I want to try when I get back to the US.  Borough Market not only filled my belly with delicious food, but also satisfied my desire to experience local London food while here for the summer. ~Lindsay


No comments:

Post a Comment