Parliament and Big Ben

Parliament and Big Ben
Viewed from The London Eye

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Macbeth at The Globe


Leah attended Macbeth at the Globe Theatre and wrote about her experience. 
We rode the tube over and headed across the river. As we crossed the Millennium Bridge some clouds moved in, making the evening comfortably cooler than the day.  We entered the theatre and since we got there pretty early we walked straight up to the stage.  We got to lean up on the large wooden stage as we watched a world famous play! This was so amazing to me and I’m very happy we decided to leave early to get that spot.  Having previously read the story in high school English, I didn’t have much of a problem understanding the play.  Our proximity to the extremely passionate actors kept my interest and I almost forgot that we were standing the WHOLE entire play.  At the end one of the witches played a beautiful song on the fiddle.  All the actors came out and danced.  It was so pretty it almost made me cry.  I loved it so much.
One of the main reasons I wanted to attend this event was to see the Globe from the inside because I knew I wouldn’t get many other chances for as low as £4.  With the weather being as great as it was, I really enjoyed the open roof.  Since the sun stays up late here in the summer, the play was beautifully lit.  The theatre was fairly small.  It made for a very intimate show.  It almost felt like a private viewing.  I believe it made Macbeth all the more special.  I’m grateful for the chance to attend at such a great theatre.

No comments:

Post a Comment